Monday, November 07, 2011

Marley v. Marley

I had the strangest conversation this past weekend.

While attending an old college friend's wedding reception on Saturday, I met a middle-aged gentleman and struck up some conversation.

He pointed to a young lady's arm tattoo, of a sunset with poetry beneath it. The man asked me what I assumed it meant and the woman overheard and chimed in that the words were lyrics to a Bob Marley song.

The man gave her a rather puzzled look, then turned to me and asked, "Who the hell is Bob Marley? You mean the comedian?"

I returned the puzzled look and replied, "The singer. There's a comedian named Bob Marley??"

We both looked at one another as if we were communicating from separate planets.

He further tried to convince me that Bob Marley was a comedian and I tried to explain that Marley was one of the most famous reggae singers of all time. Neither of us seemed to comprehend how the other didn't know what we were talking about.

The conversation ended with both of us utterly confused.

So, for any of you who somehow still have no idea who Bob Marley the musician was, allow me to clear this up with the video below:




...and for those of you like me who didn't realize Bob Marley is also a comedian, visit his official website at
www.bmarley.com

No comments: