Monday, July 28, 2008

Forgotten Gem: Simply Red - 'Something Got Me Started"

By the time Simply Red released its hit 1991 album, Stars, it had already been around for half a dozen years - building success through tracks like 'Holding Back the Years' (1985) and 'If You Don't Know Me By Now' (1989).

However, it was Stars' opening track, 'Something Got Me Started,' that got me started listening to Simply Red.

The song's dance grooves and jazzy keyboards were a pleasant shift from the group's easier-listening, soul-pop leanings. The album as a whole was funkier than the group's previous three offererings. While the album's title track went on to become the bigger single, 'Something Got Me Started' still deserves recognition for its pure clubability.

To start your own 90s dance party, click the song below:

Simply Red - 'Something Got Me Started'.mp3



Fresh news
Like I Never Left Lyrics
Whitney Houston
What You Got Lyrics
Colby O'Donis
Thats Just The Way We Roll Lyrics
Jonas Brothers
I Know What Boys Like Lyrics
Katharine McPhee
Addicted Lyrics
Saving Abel
Whatever You Like Lyrics
T.I.
Heartbeat Lyrics
Scouting for Girls
Hate That I Love You Lyrics
Rihanna
Homecoming Lyrics
Kanye West
No Air Lyrics
Chris Brown
Get your blog's here.

1 comment:

dobrya said...

this is so funny to me because for no reason at all, i've had simply red stuck in my head for a week! great