Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sweet Caroline! WAH WAH WAH!

This news piece has been blowing up just about everywhere imaginable lately, so it only seemed fitting that it make an appearance here as well.

Neil Diamond, who is perhaps most famous for his song 'Sweet Caroline,' recently made public that the inspiration for the 1969 hit song came from a magazine photo he once saw of President John F. Kennedy's daughter Caroline.

Diamond revealed his secret to Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg more than 35 years later while performing at her 50th birthday celebration a week ago.

Diamond spoke to the Associated Press, saying:

"I've never discussed it with anybody before - intentionally. I thought maybe I would tell it to Caroline when I met her someday. It was a Number One record and probably is the biggest, most important song of my career, and I have to thank her for the inspiration."

Of course, he didn't explain what the lyrics "touchin me, touchin you" had to do with a photo of a preteen girl, but I digress...

So good. So good. So good.

No comments: