Thursday, March 02, 2006

Mr. 'Have A Nice Day' Rips on The Darkness

Jon Bon Jovi is disgusted by The Darkness. He's so disgusted, in fact, he's said recently:


"I hate The Darkness. Fucking hate 'em. I don't understand it. I know they are huge, but I never really got it.

"It's just
Spinal Tap isn't it? It's just a lark. I'm not sure they think so, though. I think they take it seriously. They made a little splash in the US but, man... I don't get it at all."

Of all the bands Jovi could have ripped on, and he picks The Darkness??? He could have chosen Good Charlotte, Simple Plan and a whole host of other worthless bands. Hell, he could have even ripped on Bono, and I would have been okay with it. But The Darkness???

To top it off, has anybody even listened to Bon Jovi's latest disc? It's awful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it boggles my mind just why anyone would rip on the darkness. i mean, you've got to at least give them credit for doing something that's rare anymore... presenting an entire package. an image, a sound, a performance all at the same time. i can't think of many other recent bands who work so hard on all three.

Hank said...

I completely agree. There are a million other bands that blow, and he picks on the Darkness??