Monday, February 20, 2006

Ted's Song of the Week - 2/20/06













The W.A.N.D.
The Flaming Lips
At War With The Mystics

When I first listened to ‘The W.A.N.D.’, I was somewhat disappointed, because it was a major change from the progressive sounds of Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, but it quickly grew on me. I mean, any song that includes clapping hands and buzzing guitars is going to reel me in. Singer Wayne Coyne, with his most unique vocals in rock, drives the track with a real sense of purpose. ‘The W.A.N.D.’ is a very fun song that could easily be a summer anthem.

According to the band’s website, The W.A.N.D. CD single will be released in the US on March 4th and contains two new non-album tracks: "You Got To Hold On" and 'Time Travel… Yes!!"


The Flaming Lips - 'The W.A.N.D."

No comments: