Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Ted has a problem

(Disclaimer: All comments made in the following blog are in no way an insult to the staff of Spin magazine.)

This post can be seen as a follow-up to the article that Steve put up just hours before.

I just got the latest issue of Spin Magazine in the mail, but i was somewhat disappointed with their readers poll. It could just be me, but there are some glaring contradictions in the poll that i felt the need to point out.

Quick! Can you spot the flaw in the following poll categories:
Best Live Act
1. My Chemical Romance
2. Green Day
3. U2


Worst Live Act
1. Ashlee Simpson
2. Fall Out Boy
3. My Chemical Romance

hmmmmm.....Is it possible to be the best live act and one of the worst at the same time? Even in the unlikely event that the aforementioned artists were the only live acts of the year, wouldn't U2 fall into the third slot for worst live act?

Another great category of errors was for the best Spin cover. In a remarkable feat, My Chemical Romance snagged both Best and Worst cover honors (the June issue). Apparently, the polling process is a little flawed in this department.

Finally, to round out my bash-session, I came across the category of Sex Goddess. I think the readers got it right with Gwen Stefani. No doubt about it. An argument could even be made for first runner-up Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. However, I have no idea how Angelina Jolie made it to the second runner-up in this category. Hello?? Does Angelina have a record out? Sure, she's beautiful and talented, but she doesn't sing. She doesn't even play the tambourine.

I'm just satisfied that Fall Out Boy received Worst Band and Worst New Artist.

1 comment:

Bar L. said...

pretty funny, I think Spin needs a little editorial help.