Saturday, February 26, 2005

Rumor Mill: Velvet Revolver, The F-Ups, More

Hello all. I just wanted to quickly post about a few new music quips I've heard about in the past few days. On VH1 Classic, while watching the old man's satellite television set, it was said on Classic Current that Velvet Revolver is in the studio and a new album should be released by 2005's end. Score! Contraband was certainly one of my favorite discs of all year, and a new album would be fran-fricken-tastic!

And as I was listening to my XM radio I heard an awesome cover of Mott the Hoople's 'All the Young Dudes' by a band called the F-Ups (the song was originally penned by David Bowie, FYI). I don't normally tout covers, especially by new bands, but this song rocked me to the core.

I would also like to point your attention to one of the coolest podcasts ever, The Rock and Roll Geek Show. The latest show contains music from Dee Dee Ramone and American Heartbreak. Check the show out when you get the chance.

Well, that's it for the current Rumor Mill. Have a great weekend!

No comments: